For our client, an International chemical company based within the Rotterdam area, we are searching for a Warehouse & Logistics Supervisor to become part of their organization.
We currently have an opportunity for a Warehouse & Logistics Supervisor to be based at our plant in the Netherlands. The primary role objective will be to serve as a working supervisor and oversee daily warehousing and logistics operations for the arehouse that includes logistics operators. The main responsibilities include loading and unloading of bulk and parcel shipments, storing materials, preparing raw materials for production, filling finished goods in drums or IBC’s and executing tank transfers. The supervisor ensures that operational, quality, safety, environmental, and regulatory policies and procedures are followed. This role reports directly to the Operations Manager.
To ensure role objectives are met, the Warehouse & Logistics Supervisor must possess a strong business service mindset and be proactive, solutions driven, and passionate about driving and continuously improving customer satisfaction. Core activities enabling success in this role will include the following:
- Oversee planning. Coordinate and monitor the receipt, order assembly, and dispatch of materials.
- Ensure operations comply with hazardous goods regulations related to warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements, and enforcing adherence to these requirements. Advise management on needed actions.
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse by inspecting equipment. Issue work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Oversee and support in the receipt and dispersal of materials entering and leaving the warehouse.
- Ensure data entry into Oracle 11i is accurate, complete, and entered on time.
- Translates scheduling process into production/logistics process by preparing the necessary working documents: product instruction sheets, fill sheets, relabel instructions, etc.
- Liaise with other departments, primarily with customer service, planning, and production in the speedy and appropriate resolution of any warehousing and shipping issues that may arise. Ensure comprehensive communication across the functions.
- Check documents for thoroughness and completeness and prepare additional documentation when necessary.
- Complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; follow up on work results.
- Lead warehouse and logistics staff to achieve job objectives by coaching, planning, monitoring, and appraising job performance.
- Operate a forklift and other equipment related to warehousing and logistics operations.
- Shipping and storing activities, drum/IBC filling activities, raw material preparation activities, tank transfers.
- Assists with developing and implements an overall warehousing and supply chain strategy at the location, such as supply chain metrics, resource allocation, efficiency and safety programs, budget development, and process improvement projects; ensures applicable measurements are met.
- Develops, analyzes and reviews a variety of warehouse reports to improve customer relationships, costs, quality, efficiency, volumes, and implements management changes as required across the functions.
- Develops appropriate policies and procedures to ensure compliance with warehousing or supply chain principles and practices and applicable laws, rules, and regulations; monitors compliance with these areas.
- Performs a variety of projects that require project management principles, various warehousing and supply chain practices, and collaboration with other departments within the division.
- Thorough knowledge of warehouse and shipping practices, especially in the storing, handling, and shipping of dangerous goods, both bulk and packed
- General knowledge of the applicable regulations, standard grades and qualities of equipment, materials and supplies.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records; ability to plan and supervise the work of others.
- Be capable of establishing and maintaining good working relationships with other departments.
- Possess strong self-initiative with an innate ability to set priorities also when under pressure and then deliver on those priorities – sense of urgency.
- Possess strength of character to proactively intervene when required as well as to know when to escalate issues.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills with the ability to work effectively with external and internal stakeholders
- Be enthusiastic and results driven in working style.
- Possess work-related PC skills with knowledge using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); as well as any other applicable applications (ERP system) a plus.
- Fluency in English a must.
- Technical-, process- or logistics education: MTS, Vapro B/C or equivalent.
- Hazardous goods training.
Heeft u interesse dan kunt u reageren via een mail naar firstname.lastname@example.org of contact opnemen met Dennis Schalke 0104277717.